Pippbrook stands to the east of the town at the foot of Ranmore and Box Hill. A house was built there in the1750s by William Page and later occupied by William Crawford MP. That house was demolished in 1856. In its place William Henry Forman, master of the Glamorgan Ironworks, built a Gothic Renaissance mansion. It was designed in the offices of Sir George Gilbert Scott and has a richly decorated interior, much of which has been preserved.